The Imperial Knights march to war with earth-shaking footfalls, towering over mortal soldiers and lesser machines. Each Knight is a towering engine of destruction, a bipedal killing machine bristling with firepower and devastating close-quarters weaponry. Linked to their Noble pilots by the arcane Throne Mechanicum, the Knights move with a speed and grace that should be impossible for engines of their size, guided by the Code Chivalric to wipe the Imperium's enemies clean from the galaxy with thunderous gouts of flame. Their glory is that of Humanity's golden age, and none can resist their titanic charge.
Knight Preceptor Canis Rex
The Knight Preceptor is a Questoris-class close-ranged powerhouse. Its design is intended to exemplify the core tenets of the Code Chivalric in battle
The Knight Preceptor is a Questoris-class close-ranged powerhouse. Its design is intended to exemplify the core tenets of the Code Chivalric in battle: close with the enemy in honourable range, engage them with sufficient force to show respect for their fortitude, and kill them quickly and cleanly in the Emperor’s name. To this end, they are armed with a reaper chainsword or thunderstrike gauntlet and the rare and terrifying las-impulsor. Canis Rex is a notable Knight Preceptor, who escaped the tortures of the Iron Warriors and has punished the scions of chaos with vehemence and fury ever since.
This multi-part plastic kit contains the components necessary to build a Knight Preceptor. This is a serious bit of kit – it contains an entire Imperial Knight Warden kit, along with an extra 37 components which upgrade the basic Knight into the Preceptor – and, optionally, the specific named Preceptor Canis Rex. These components can be broken down as follows:
- A frame of Imperial Knight carapace components,including the carapace itself, engine block assembly, shoulder pads, shoulder joints, 2 sets of carapace heraldry and a heavy stubber;
- A frame of Imperial Knight leg components, including the leg and feet assemblies, greaves, waist assembly, chestplates, 2 faceplates, a pennant, tilting plate and armour plates for the knees and groin;
- A frame of Imperial Knight weapons, including a thermal cannon, rapid-fire battlecannon, heavy stubber, 2 alternate faceplates, and torso assembly;
- An Imperial Knight Warden frame, including a thunderstrike gauntlet, avenger gatling cannon, carapace mounted twin icarus autocannon, carapace mounted missile launcher with the choice of either ironstorm, shieldbreaker, or stormspear missile pods, meltagun, 3 alternate faceplates, and tilting plate.
Using those frames to build the basic Imperial Knight structure with either a reaper chainsword or thunderstrike gauntlet, the following is used to complete the Knight Preceptor:
- A frame of Knight Preceptor components, including the las-impulsor assembly, a unique faceplate, a multi-laser which mounts just beneath the left-front of the carapace, an alternate piece of heraldry for the carapace, 6 wolf head gargoyles, a knee pad with sculpted sword and chain, a cockpit assembly – this fits within the carapace, and can be modelled open to show the throne and control panels along with, if you choose, the seated pilot; a pilot on foot, carrying a power pack; and a unique tilting plate and pennant specific to the named Knight Canis Rex.
This kit can be built as either a Knight Preceptor, Canis Rex, Errant, Paladin, Warden, Gallant or Crusader – the weapons are interchangeable and can be used as spares for any other Knight kits you might have.
The Knight Preceptor is supplied as 250 components, and includes a Citadel 170mm Oval base, a Citadel 25mm Round base for the pilot on foot, and a transfer sheet featuring heraldry for Imperial Knights and heraldry specific to Canis Rex.
Small and agile compared to their lumbering kin, Armiger-class Knights are still war machines of incredible power. Piloted by young squires or lowborn pilots, Armigers act as mobile support and outriders to keep larger Knights from being surrounded, receiving commands from their Noble lords through the Helm Mechanicum. Among these nimble engines, Armiger Warglaives are fearsome hunters of enemy armour, armed with a deadly close combat weapon and a thermal spear that can melt through the toughest bunkers.
Dominus-class Knights are among the largest available to any Knight house. These walking fortresses march relentlessly into the fight, armed with weapons capable of levelling entire armies, gunfire scattering uselessly off their ion shields. The Knight Valiant defeats its enemies through overwhelming firepower at close range. Its conflagration cannon unleashes a searing, inescapable firestorm, easily annihilating incoming hordes and smashing through opposing battle lines, while its thundercoil harpoon can destroy tanks and monsters with impunity.