Warhammer 40000 Command Edition
Start playing Warhammer 40,000 with the Command Edition – a set designed to give you a comprehensive start with the world’s best sci-fi wargame.
Start playing Warhammer 40,000 with the Command Edition – a set designed to give you a comprehensive start with the world’s best sci-fi wargame. With models, rules, guides to help you begin and much more, this massive set takes the hassle out of kicking off your hobby – build your models, learn to play and have hours of fun with a friend or family member right out of the box.
This set contains:
- 27 push fit plastic miniatures, only requiring clippers to assemble (we recommend Citadel Starter Set Clippers or Citadel Fine Detail Cutters – not included) – no glue, no mess – including:
- 1x Overlord: An imperious commander of the Necron phalanxes, the Overlord’s authority is absolute. The model comes supplied with a Citadel 40mm Round Base.
- 10x Necron Warriors: The mainstay of the Necron phalanxes, these bipedal warriors obliterate their prey with relentless volleys of atomising gauss weaponry. Each model comes supplied with a Citadel 32mm Round Base and a choice of heads and weapons.
- 3x Canoptek Scarab Swarms: Flying hordes of these insectile machines chew through armour, flesh and bone with impunity. Each swarm comes supplied with a Citadel 40mm Round Base.
- 3x Skorpekh Destroyers: Swift and deadly hunters, Skorpekh Destroyers chase down their prey to carve them apart with their fearsome reaping blades. Each model comes supplied with a Citadel 50mm Round Base.
- 1x Canoptek Plasmacyte: A cruel and calculating manipulator of tainted energy, the Plasmacyte is capable of sending its Destroyer kin into a killing frenzy. The model comes supplied with a Citadel 28mm Round Base.
- 1x Primaris Captain: A superlative commander and highly skilled warrior, a Primaris Captain is the commander of an entire company of his battle-brothers. The model comes supplied with a Citadel 40mm Round Base.
- 5x Assault Intercessors: This squad of aggressive combatants tear their enemies apart in melee with reaping swings of their grinding chainswords. Each model comes supplied with a Citadel 32mm Round Base.
- 3x Outriders: Take the fight to the enemy flanks from the back of armoured bikes with these far-ranging reconnaissance riders. Each model comes supplied with a Citadel 90mm Oval Base.
- The Warhammer 40,000: Command Manual – Your guide to battle in the 41st Millennium. It contains an overview of the Warhammer hobby, in-depth background for your new models, and a step-by-step guide to building and battling with your forces, including all the rules you need for your first games.
- A 30" by 22.4" gaming board – Transform any kitchen table into an appropriately grim, dark warscape! The gaming board also displays several lettered markers designed to work alongside the missions in the Command Manual.
- Push fit plastic terrain designed to bring your tabletop to life, featuring a mixture of pipes and gothic ruins.
- Range rulers and dice – These essential accessories cover you for movement, shooting, close combat and more.
- Datasheets provide you with rules for all the models in the set, plus a set of expansion options for when you want to branch out with new kits.
- A Space Marines Transfer Sheet with over 600 transfers, designed to make adding Chapter-specific details, squad insignia, kill markings, and more simple – perfect for when you want to finish off your painted models!
- Warhammer 40,000: The Rules softback book, your complete guide to the Warhammer 40,000 tabletop wargame. Taking all the rules content from the Core Book (available separately), this book is ideal for when you're ready to expand your army and battle other players, including options for narrative, matched and open play, loads of missions to get stuck into, and more!
The Space Marine Legions of the 31st Millenium field a diverse and formidable range of genetically-enhanced warriors and advanced war machines, superior to any other military force in the galaxy. As an Age of Darkness falls across the stars and the fires of rebellion rage out of control, the armies that were used to forge the Imperium turn upon each other in an apocalyptic civil war – the Horus Heresy.
Haarken Worldclaimer, Herald of the Apocalypse, leads one of the mightiest traitor hosts every assembled. His mission, ordained by Abaddon the Despoiler himself, is to smash aside all Imperial resistance and claim the Nachmund Gauntlet in its entirety. This lawless place is home to pirates, xenos, traitors and renegades – yet Nachmund is strategically vital to the Imperium of Man, for it remains the most stable route known through the Great Rift. Should it fall, contact between Terra and the Imperium Nihilus would be all but lost.
As vast and dark as a sunless void, the Blackstone Fortress is a creation far beyond the ken of any race in the galaxy. In this age of darkness, in a galaxy riven with strife and horror, the desperate and intrepid alike search this Fortress for long-lost technologies that may be used to turn the tide of war.
This year’s edition of Chapter Approved is the essential gaming toolbox for all fans of Warhammer 40,000 matched play. Whether you're a tournament regular or simply like to ensure your battles are always fought on an even footing, this is the essential supplement for matched play games in the this edition of Warhammer 40,000.
Building and painting models is a fun and exciting way to engage with the hobby, and it only gets more rewarding with time. You’ll need a few tools and a set of paints to get started, and this box includes the basics that will form the core of your hobby kit.