Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus
The Adeptus Mechanicus are the keepers and manufacturers of technology for the Imperium of Mankind. It is a role they guard jealously, using their own standing armies, engines of war and god-machines. It is within their power to unleash the most arcane weaponry in the Imperium, and they do so without mercy. Grim processions of soldiers stride in perfect unison, each one a disturbing fusion of man and machine. Behind them stomp soulless automata, and towering over them are enormous walkers. An Adeptus Mechanicus army marching to war is a sight both terrifying and glorious.
Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus contains a wealth of background and rules – the definitive book for Adeptus Mechanicus collectors. Within this 104-page hardback, you’ll find:
- Disciples of the Machine God: a detailed history of the Adeptus Mechanicus, from their inception to the 41st Millennium, describing their devotion to the divine trinity – the Omnissiah, the Machine God and the Motive Force;
- An illustrated organisation of the Adeptus Mechanicus’ fighting forces, divided into macroclades, cohorts and maniples, with an overview of the hierarchy of the Cult Mechanicus;
- Bastions of the Machine God: a map of their forge worlds, Mechanicus-aligned Knight worlds, Skitarii expeditions and Dark Mechanicus worlds;
- Iconography of the Adeptus Mechanicus: icons, sigils and background information for 11 infamous forge worlds;
- The Ever-faithful: colours and heraldries for 17 examples of Kastelan Robots of the Cult Mechanicus;
- A guide to the structure of a Mechanicus-aligned Knight House, with 4 examples of Questor Mechanicus heraldry;
- A detailed timeline of key events, discoveries and battles in the history of the Adeptus Mechanicus;
- Background and details on each character, vehicle and unit available to an Adeptus Mechanicus army;
- A showcase of beautifully painted Citadel miniatures, depicting the colour schemes of the major forge worlds expertly painted by the ‘Eavy Metal team.
Everything you need to get a Adeptus Mechanicus army primed for games of Warhammer 40,000 is in here:
- 22 datasheets containing rules for every Adeptus Mechanicus unit;
- Army abilities reflecting the Adeptus Mechanicus’ methods of war;
- Armoury of the Machine God: wargear both ranged and close-combat used by the Adeptus Mechanicus;
- Points values for all miniatures, weapons and wargear for use in Matched Play games;
- Congregations of War: rules for Battle-forged armies:
- Forge World Dogma for armies with the following forge world keywords – Mars, Graia, Metalica, Lucius, Agripinaa, Stygies VIII, and Ryza;
- 28 Stratagems, 20 of which are unique to this army – 7 are used with specific forge worlds, and 1 is specific to the Questor Mechanicus,
- the Arcana Mechanicus: a selection of rare wargear, some forgeworld-specific;
- 6 Warlord Traits for use by any Warlord, with a further 7 specific to the main forge worlds: Mars, Graia, Metalica, Lucius, Agripinaa, Stygies VIII, and Ryza;
- 6 unique Tactical Objectives.
To be promoted from the Skitarii maniples to the Serberys corps is a great honour. They ride swift quadrupedal constructs whose razor-clawed limbs allow them to manoeuvre easily over the most shattered terrain, while their riders are mag-locked in gyro-stabilised positions.
Clad in inviolable auramite, Shield-Captain Valerian is a Custodian of the Hykanatoi brotherhood. Headstrong, but a great warrior, he yearns to bring the wrath of the Adeptus Custodes beyond the confines of Holy Terra. He wields the guardian spear Gnosis and wears the wreath of Guilliman as a mark of honour.
One of many specialised castes of cyborg warriors available to the Adeptus Mechanicus, the Pteraxii are optimised for instinctive reaction and agility. Pteraxii’s reflexes are accentuated by paring back elements of cogitation that impede their primary function.
The Skorpius Disintegrator of the Adeptus Mechanicus drifts gracefully across the dunes, its anti-grav motors thrumming quietly in stark contrast to its thundering guns. As it accompanies the advancing Skitarii phalanxes, the Skorpius Disintegrator delivers punishing salvoes from its ferrumite or belleros energy cannons, while its cognis heavy stubbers and disruptor missile launcher spit death at any who would threaten the armoured vessel.
A workhorse not only of the toxic Martian skies, but of distant worlds at the forefront of the Tech-Priests' expansion for millennia, the Archaeopter is an agile fixed-wing aircraft. Piloted by a member of the Pteraxii caste, whose legs and scapuli superior are hardwired into its controls, the nano-carbon fibre-weave of the Archaeopter's wings is capable of morphing – a property it shares with the Pteraxii flight packs
The ruling castes of the Adeptus Mechanicus are the Tech-Priests – robed zealots whose flesh is replaced over time with bionic enhancements. These technosavants carry a bewildering array of titles, and each one specialises in arcane knowledge and esoteric lore, perpetuated with religious fervour.
Kyria Draxus is an audacious Lord Inquisitor of the Ordo Xenos who specialises in the hunting and eradication of the Necron threat. Pragmatic to the point of immorality, she has long been considered a radical by her peers, though none could call even her most drastic actions rash. Her every deed and choice is weighed logically and carefully. Yet when she acts, the Lord Inquisitor is as relentless and unstoppable as the movement of continental plates.